I had a request from some nice fellows to show some examples of my composite photography work, and I realized that I should post more of my personal work. I decided to make a fresh new composite photography sample for the fellows that evening and I'm quite happy with the outcome.
My process went like this:
- hunted free images with the help of great keyword searches
- imported each image to its own layer in Adobe Photoshop
- I personally like to rasterize each image to work directly with the image (in comparison to smart objects) ... hey, to each his own. So I rasterized all the layers.
- masked out the unneeded parts of each image on each layer with a layer mask
- adjusted image quality to merge well with each layer (saturation, contrast, color cast, and lots more ...)
- cloned, spot healed, dodged & burned ... whatever it took to make it look as if the layer belonged there LOL
- cropped to compliment the final composite
Voila ... another masterpiece of fine art created "a la Dee Graphiques". I hope to make video tutorials one day about this photography style.